Jake’s Country Meats Cottage Bacon “BLT”
4 slices Jake’s Country Meats Cottage Bacon
4 slices crusty bread
4 slices fresh goat cheese
2-4 slices garden fresh tomato (not hot house)
2 handfuls of fresh arugula, washed and dried
1. Heat a large sauté pan, and when hot place bacon in pan.
2. Cook for approximately 3-4 minutes, then flip.
3. Cook other side until cooked through, about another 3 minutes.
4. Remove bacon to a paper towel to drain.
5. Cut away top portion of the bacon (the side with more fat) and reserve for another use.
6. Meanwhile, spread bread slices with goat cheese.
7. Place equal amounts of bottom side of the bacon (meatier side) on 2 of the slices of bread.
8. Top bacon with sliced tomato.
9. Top tomato with arugula.
10. Finish with last slice of bread on each sandwich.
© 2015 W.A. Nolan. All rights reserved.